Paula Deen’s Pumpkin Gooey Butter Cake has become an annual tradition at our Thanksgiving table. Mostly I love that it can be baked in a larger pan than the expected pie-sized ones and so I can feed more people with less effort than baking several pumpkin pies. This past holiday I searched briefly for a similar bar recipe to substitute for pecan pie. I found one at the Comfort of Cooking.
Well, I found it a bit late for Thanksgiving dinner but am hoping this December’s holiday season will provide a reason for trying it out. In the meantime, let me tell you what I like about this blog’s design:
- soft, welcoming color palette
- clean, open design
- an icon in the header that lets you know yes, this IS a cooking blog
- simple, uncluttered sidebars
- easy to find social media icons and search bar
- great pictures coupled with engaging dialogue
- “click here for the recipe” that allows you to see the rest of the post, this helps keep the home page of the blog uncluttered
- the option for a printable recipe is provided
These little customizations throughout let me know it is well cared for and loved. And who wouldn’t want to visit a site like that?
Thank you, Georgia, for a beautiful blog!