Here are some general things we tend to look for in designs that we choose to feature in the showcase. (In no particular order.)
- Quality of graphics used. No pixelated, fuzzy, or warped images.
- Interactive user experience. Social icons, menu items, or other links change upon hover.
- Typography. Both in-graphic typography and font families within CSS are clean, neat, easy to read, have appropriate line-heights, and flow with the design.
- Load time. We’ll run the site through an analyzer to see if any huge images or gunky code are making the site load slowly.
- Site-wide customizations. All areas of the blog are completed and well coded, not just the home page.
- Color palette. Chosen swatches should flow well together, and compliment the site’s content, rather than being a distraction.
- Spacing and positioning. Each area of the site should have adequate padding, margins, and flow nicely with the rest of the layout.
- Browser compatibility. We’ll check a few different browsers to make sure the design works cross-platform.
- Content enhancement. We make sure the design compliments the site owner’s content, rather than detract from it.
- Favicon. Little things that make the website or blog look and feel professional make a big difference. So we look for this, and other touches of detail.
To submit your designs, or a design you think is great – simply contact us!